10.3K views

Update by user Oct 23, 2013

After almost 6 months they finally mailed me my tax papers.I was also waiting for their free hotel offer.

Yes they sent it to me but now I have to pay $14 to validate it and then I have to $200 to make a hotel reservation.

They say that $200 is refundable but after what happened I do not trust them any longer.

bottom line is you are better off to sell your old car for very cheap instead of donating it.It was too much stress for me.

Original review posted by user Sep 10, 2013

We wanted to do something good, so we called the "HERITAGE FOR THE BLIND" and donated our BMW 2001 to them. The car was in a good running condition, no body damages, clean interior, bottom line the car was in a good condition.

They came and picked up the car and told us they will send us the tax papers in a week. We donated our car on April 2013, today is September 2013, after 5 months they have still not mailed us the tax papers. Yesterday I received the registration renewal for the car so I emailed them asking what is going on and each time I email them they are telling me they have put the car for sale and they are waiting for the highest bid.

Anyway, in short I think I handed my car to bunch of fraud they operate under HERITAGE FOR THE BLIND. Be carful , do not give them donation, I don't know what happened to my car, they probably sold it for parts and pocketed the money.

Comments

I love the typo in the lead posts:"be carful." Be "carful," indeed.

The same thing happened to us . This is a total scam. Still waiting for the tax receipt.

SCAM!We should have checked them out before giving them our car.

We donated our car to Heritage for the Blind because to the "3 day 2 night vacation" they offered.

What a scam. We submitted three choices for three different months and they couldn't find any available hotels that fit our request. I asked for a refund toward the end of May 2017.

It will be about 5 weeks before they send it.I'm assuming they're hoping I'll forget about it by then so they can pocket the money.

Detroit, Michigan, United States #1262028

That's awful

Thanks for this comment, I too am looking to donate my daughters car and will not be donating it to this company. Sorry that this has happened to you.

I am having the same issue.The pickup and paperwork is done.

No mailed in forms nor is anyone answering the phone.This is bs!

I donated my car on the 16th, and now heritage for the blind is saying they cannot find my car.They made the arrangements to come to my house and have it picked up.

I've called all of the numbers on their website and the personal number I got in the beginning and every time I call, the phone calls always end with "call ended" Are we the blind, considering we don't see the scam coming?This place is a JOKE

Agree with this.My father donated his car in April 2015 to Heritage for the Blind.

Numerous calls, faxes, and emails have gone unanswered.

It's not Aug 2015 and no tax documents for a tax deduction.DO NOT DONATE TO THIS CHARITY.

Virginia, United States #940440

I hope these people go either to *** or jail soon they should be ashamed of there selfs praying on the blind and people with disabilities!!!!!!! Rot in helllllllllllll!!!!

Virginia, United States #940435

These people are crooks they say they will give you vacation but that's a lie they just want to steal your car don't trust them I hope they can live with there self plus they don't give that money to the needy they pocket it and take there vacation....liers!!!!! Stay away croooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!